Today we have a happy day to celebrate, 4 years ago a little furry cutie whom we called Juno landed into our lives to rule them over.
I still get goosebumps every time I think of that 23rd of July; I was so incredibly nervous thinking how bad human mom I would be for her, not knowing if I would ever be able to adjust having her with us or if I would ever miss not being just the two of us anymore. 4 years later I feel silly for this thoughts, Juno has been the best decision we made as a couple. That’s why we like to celebrate this day in addition to her birthday.
I think we have explained this before, but the first day we brought Juno to her new home she hid for half an hour behind a big moving carboard that was still (we moved to our current home a couple of months before) in the toilet where we put her litterbox. She then decided that we were quiet enough people (and thus safe?) to explore her new home; she walked very slowly going next to every single wall sniffing around, when suddenly she found an unreachable (for us) gap under the sink in the kitchen and I freaked out to get her back again. As a newbie to cats I thought she was too little to get out from there on her own and was already envisioning destroying the kitchen to get her (for real!), of course she proved me wrong and a little tinker butterfly did the trick.
Well, to celebrate this day and because I always enjoy this type of lists, here is what Juno is loving right now:
- Sleeping on top of her felt ball. And it is currently so smashed by her naps, that I’m thinking if we are ever going to be able to restore its initial shape…oops!
- Hearing birds singing, she starts to purr like crazy with them and falls sleep. We sometimes play some random youtube mixing bird videos for her.
- When Dani puts her to sleep every night in the living room. Dani must follow her to the living room and has to say “good night sweetie” or she keeps on jumping to our bed and going to the living room as a clue ;)
- Her malt paste…ommmommm….and eating her cat food balls from our hand.
- Mariko’s voice in her fun videos, Juno loves almost all youtube videos, but gets extra excited with Mariko’s. She is a Juno whisperer! I bet they would be great pals in real life as well.
- Playing hide and seek, demanding to enter into closed rooms (if the door is open she is just not interested) and helping in our crafts (specially when scissors are involved)
Happy day Juno!
Do you have a furry pal? How was your first day with them at home? I’d love to hear your stories!