Hello dear The Cat, You and Us readers! My name is Yasmine from Sugar & Dinosaurs. I was very pleased when Damaris asked me if I could make a cake for their blog anniversary. I felt in love with their blog and little family, how cute Juno is, … So to celebrate this fantastic blog, I invite you home with a carrot cake, my favorite cake in the world ;)
To make a big or a dozen small carrot cake(s):
For the cake:
- 240 g spelled flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 30 g of coarsely chopped walnuts
- 125 g agave syrup
- 5 g of maple syrup
- 12 cl of vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- About 8 shredded carrots
For the icing:
- 200 ml coconut cream very cold
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 180 °. Butter and flour the pan.
2. Mix the flour with the baking powder, spices and nuts. In another bowl, combine oil syrups, add the eggs one at a time, stir and add the carrots. Add carrot mixture to flour mixture, stir and pour into the mold.
3. Bake for about 45 minutes, the knife has to come out clean. Once cooked, remove from pan and cool thoroughly.
4. Whip the coconut cream with maple syrup and vanilla extract for 5 minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy. Spread on top of cake and serve immediately! To keep it I suggest you keep it in the fridge.
I hope you will enjoy this recipe. Happy anniversary The Cat, You and Us xoxo
Photo & text credits for this post: Sugar & Dinosaurs
Yasmine’s online home Sugar & Dinosaurs has two of the most awesome things in a single name, right? As big dino fans this was the first thing that caught our eye, but then we discovered the lovely Yasmine sharing her daily life and mouth watering desserts and became one of our favorite daily stops. Oh! don’t forget to check her creative project called #Eyeplaywithfood!
Last minute call, today the giveaway comes to an end, a few hours left to get your chance! :) we are thrilled to know to which home the mugs will fly to!
**This post is part of the “Home is with you” guest post series to celebrate our first blogiversary**