We are pairing together in the same area two relevant neighborhoods in Barcelona.
On one hand, Sant Antoni is probably the trendiest in our city, mainly revitalized by interesting food places that are not only good to your stomach but also pleasant to the eye. Probably Parlament street is the heart of Sant Antoni with several of our recommendations packed in just a few feet.
On the other hand, Eixample is an excellent place to enjoy architecture and also stop for an ice-cream, lunch or dinner. Enric Granados street is the backbone of the area. We like to start having breakfast at Sant Antoni and then walk into Eixample, you will never be short of food options in both areas, and we recommend looking-up to see some amazing architecture examples.
- Cafe Cometa: Whenever we are in the mood for a good slow breakfast, we come here. I may love too much Cometa, I can't resist their avocado toast and fresh juices (all of them are good) and above all their chai latte, my favorite in Barcelona. We visited it with Ice Pandora, because we just couldn't not bring her there. The same guys own Cosmo a similar (bigger) café place in Enric Granados street.
Address: Calle Margarit, 12-14
- Entrepanes Diaz: Barcelona is living a sandwich renewal (bocadillo in Spanish) that has raised lots of hype, specially due to the food truck love wagon. Luckily this also mean you can find several amazing places (not chains like "Pan's & company" as it used to be) that are devoted to bocadillos. The coolest has to be Entrepanes Díaz, here you will find the yummiest options (my favorite is the Calamari bocadillo) in a modern yet classical tapas bar with retro Spanish decor & Spanish folkloric music (all my mom favorite music lists are here, it takes me back to my childhood!). The waiters are also one of the best assets of Entrepanes, classic waiters wearing converse and they are just the nicest.
Address: Carrer de Pau Claris, 189
- Ceviche 103: If you are following our blog, you may know our obsession with Peruvian cuisine (how could you forget if we don't fail to mention it like a gazillion of times!). Whether you already love Peruvian food or would like to try it for the first time, Ceviche 103 is one the best options here in Barcelona, reasonable-prized everything in the menu is a hit, and the colorful decoration is very cheerful. We love their causas, lomo and ceviches (nikkei is a good one!).
Address: Carrer de Londres, 103
Featured in our blog: here
- El velódromo: We came here with Deniz & Turker, it has a typical old tapas restaurant look, very vintage-y without hipster vibes as many different type of people (families, couples...) visit it. We are craving their salmon tartar right now.
Address: Carrer de Muntaner, 213
- El Filete Ruso: El Filete Ruso is a very cute and cozy burger joint in the equally lovely Enric Granados street. We love their Iberica burger as well as the season speciality. The bravas are also a must and they have attractive smoothies if you are an avid eater.
Address: Carrer de Muntaner, 213
- Ice-creams: Delacrem and Cremeria Toscana: Two of our favorite ice-cream parlors are in this area. Check our blog post for more information about why we love them: Best ice-cream in Barcelona
Address: Carrer d'Enric Granados, 15 / Carrer de Muntaner, 161
- Nice things: Nice things is a brand from Barcelona that has very interesting patterns and themed collections for women. They also have clothes for kids (in the same street, almost in front) that are very cute.
Address: Carrer de València, 235
- Enric Granados Street: Enric Granados is a semi-pedestrian street that makes the perfect walk to discover how the Eixample architecture looks like, a part from good food options looking up here is a must. If you are like us you will tell like a hundred of times: I would love to live here! Eixample has some incredible apartment buildings, with its main characteristics usually being very tall ceilings, wooden balconies (or my favorite, galleries) and hydraulic floors. Traditionally business owners families (rich people) owned the complete building or at least the first and second floors, that's why most galleries are on the first floor only. Now you should be equally wealthy to buy or rent anything here, ha! :)
Address: Enric Granados
Featured in our blog: here
- Parlament Street: Parlament street is either the exactly address or a very near spot of the best food options in the area. It also has some good renewed commercial neighborhood vibes, with restaurants keeping the old signs. This neighborhood is a favorite among young modern people to live here.
- Jardins de la UB: The old University building is not only architectonically interesting but also has charming gardens. During weekday there are classes so you will walk among students (and cats!) while on weekends they sometimes host food or vintage markets.
Address: Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 585
Café Cometa, La Donuteria, M-store, Delacrem, Velódromo
Watch all our Barcelona City Guide videos on vimeo.
I’d love to visit the cafe and the burger joint! Sorry I haven’t been commenting on all your guides, but I have been reading all of them! I just felt so redundant picking out all the food places from each of your guides and saying how much I would love to visit :P I really appreciate how thorough your guides have been! <33 -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey’s
Ah! You are making me want to come to Barcelona so badly! Nanit in particular has piqued my curiosity, I love seeing what Chinese is like around the world.
Sólo puedo deciros, que las fotos son muy finas, y los lugares son muy chic, como siempre os superáis!
He podido ver el vídeo, es muy chulo, la música es muy alegre,y pega muchísimo con Barcelona, y los dos estáis muy guapos
You guys eat so well! Jealous! Also I probably said before but that art wall at Cometa is so beautiful! Your guides are amazing :)
This is Dani, Juno & Damaris.
Our heads are full with photography,
our hearts stay in Japan.
2 weeks in Japan. Highlights, food recommendations, shopping & the most perfect getaways!
Visit Porto in 48h! Probably one of the most beautiful cities in the world
Visit Lisbon in 48h! A complete guide with the most beautiful places to visit, eat and shop
Our tiny foodie guide for a full-belly long weekend!
Visit the most charming area in England using public transportation
Eat your way through New York City, & more! Check our favorite spots from one of our favorite places in the world
Spend 3 days admiring the colorful houses of these 5 lovely Italian coastal towns.
Top posts this month
GET OUR POSTS IN YOUR MAIL
Back to top