When Damaris a.k.a The Cat You And Us approached me for a collaboration in a form of a guest post, I was thrilled! Because the guest post was all about DIY and it’s no secret I love to get my hands dirty with paste, paint, clay and wool.
First of all I wish Damaris, Dani and their fluffy cat Juno a happy first anniversary with their blogging! What a professional bloggers already, my first anniversary blogging doesn’t even come near to their standards… oh well.
Damaris requested me to a DIY post with a theme called Home is With You. What a warm thought thinking of it! The first thing that pops up in my mind was Wizard of Oz. But yeah, I can’t think anything with Wizard of Oz so I had to come with something else. What does home mean to you? Home is my safe haven and it’s a place where I can do stuff freely without feeling embarrassed (like singing in the shower)
Home is a happy place really, even though it’s small and not MTV crib worthy, it’s my happy place filled with happy memories. Therefor I’ve made for this DIY post a ‘rainbow triangle garland’. In crochet style. Because home is where I can show my true colors.
You need: any desired wool, hook size 3-4 mm, a thick needle, scissor
- R1: Make a long chain with an uneven number (mine has 17 chains).
- R2: sc in the 2nd chain (the 16th chain) and sc all the way to the end. (16)
- R3: chain 1. Make a dsc in the 2nd stitch and 3rd stitch. Sc the rest of the row until the last 2 stitches. Make a dsc with these 2 stitches. (14)
- R4: chain 1. In the 2nd stitch make a sc and sc all the way to the end. (14)
- R5: chain 1. In the 2nd and 3rd stitch make a dsc. Sc the rest of the row until the last 2 stitches. Make a dsc with these 2 stitches. (12)
- REPEAT R4 and R5, until there are no stitches left.
- Slipstitch the last stitch. Leave a tail and cut off with a scissor.
Photo & text credits for this post: Ice Pandora
Don’t miss the opportunity to see more of Mei’s crafts in her online home Ice Pandora; she shares some inspiring recipes and her cute daily bits as well, go check it out! But be warned that we can’t be held responsible if she steals your heart!
You can win the two cutest breakfast mugs from mr. wonderful in our blogiversary giveaway, don’t forget to enter! And keep tuned for the rest of guest posts this month!
**This post is part of the “Home is with you” guest post series to celebrate our first blogiversary**