Born and Gotic are two neighborhoods we usually favor when we like to wander around and get lost in our own city. They both have those exciting narrow & curvy streets, that allow you to forget about your inner compass and feel more adventurous. While the Born heart is the Ciutadella Park and then it's all about finding those little hidden gems (main streets are a little bit more touristy lately), the Gothic is for soaking into the history of the city (and do some shopping too!). We are pairing together these two neighborhoods because you could take both of them during the same day, in fact they are just one next to the other, separated by Via Laietana avenue, and both quarters are a must for any Barcelona visit!
- Picnic: Our favorite brunch in Barcelona. Try their tacos and the meat bagel, you won't regret it. Also all of their beverages are alcohol optional, so depending on your mood you can give it a party twist: we like their pink lemonade! Reservations on weekends highly recommended.
Address: Carrer del Comerç, 1
Featured in our blog: here
- Federal Café: This is the second sibling of Federal Café, it's bigger and I would venture to say with a lovelier decor. Food here is Australian brunch but you can also stop by at any time for a breakfast or coffee with cake. I love the spider drink, although best suited for those with a sweet tooth.
Address: Passatge de la Pau, 11
- Shunka: This is THE sushi place in Barcelona. If you are craving sushi & feeling a little fancy you will find here the best (a bill will go up to 30-40 euro each). I love also their mushroom & scallop and please don't miss their toro tataki nigiri. Reservation needed.
Address: Calle Sagristans, 5
- Chandal: Love Chandal! They sell vintage items with a special dedication to cameras (vintage and new) and barcelona design jewelry (Apres Ski necklaces! - on the picture below)
Address: Carrer de l'Allada-Vermell, 13
- Parc de la Ciutadella: This is the biggest green area inside Barcelona. (Unfortunately) our city does not have a really big park as other cities do, like London or New York. Instead, there are little parks and gardens here and there. If you need more green time during your visit in our city you should move to the mountain: Montjuïc, Collserola or even Parc Güell should be your targets. However, Ciutadella has this city charm with a little lake with boats, lots of families & friends having picnics and historic greenery buildings, so don't miss it! We love Ciutadella and has been frequently our photo backdrop.
Featured in our blog: here and here.
- Mercat del Born: During a reform of an old market they found archeological ruins aged to be from the 14th to 18th centuries, before that part of the city was bombed. From that moment on they declared the place a national historic site and decided to construct a museum inside the market to show the ruins. You can see them for free from the top walkway or hire a guided tour to discover more about the Barcelona of the 18th century. The place is quite perfect to stop for a few minutes and also hosts a tapas place in case you get hungry.
Featured in our blog: here and here.
- Streets around City Hall & the Cathedral: Probably those streets around the City Hall and Barcelona's cathedral are the most iconic of Barcelona, you will find here lots of historic gems and highlights of our city: the jewish quarter, medieval, part of the Roman moors of the city and Gothic & neo-gothic style. Psst: Do you know that our wedding pictures were taken on those streets?
Picnic, Parc de la Ciutadella, Mercat del Born, Born streets, Hoffmann cakes, Gothic streets, Kling and Federal Café.
Watch all our Barcelona City Guide videos on vimeo.
I love your videos and especially your selection of music :)
So fun!! You guys are brave too for all your filming, I’m sometimes a little shy to even take photos but the shutter is pretty quick to press and then I can run away but filming requires that extra boldness – so much respect to you guys – oh and you make perfect models too!! he he :)
This is Dani, Juno & Damaris.
Our heads are full with photography,
our hearts stay in Japan.
2 weeks in Japan. Highlights, food recommendations, shopping & the most perfect getaways!
Visit Porto in 48h! Probably one of the most beautiful cities in the world
Visit Lisbon in 48h! A complete guide with the most beautiful places to visit, eat and shop
Our tiny foodie guide for a full-belly long weekend!
Visit the most charming area in England using public transportation
Eat your way through New York City, & more! Check our favorite spots from one of our favorite places in the world
Spend 3 days admiring the colorful houses of these 5 lovely Italian coastal towns.
Top posts this month
GET OUR POSTS IN YOUR MAIL