Hello lovelies! Thanks for the sweet words about our travel pictures at Carcassonne! I always enjoy travel talking with you. We are this week back again with our current posts explaining our daily endeavours, that this time are movie related: we are in the middle of our Sitges film festival agenda.
Sitges Film Festival is our yearly date with the latest horror, thriller, sci-fi and fantasy movies (quite perfect for a Halloween-esque October) which takes place at a seaside town 30 minutes away from Barcelona. We started a few years ago watching a single movie, went to a couple on the following years and we are currently watching over 13 movies in a week, ha! We are sharing this addiction with our friends Anna and Albert. In fact, Anna has been visiting the festival from way earlier than us, and was a great conversation starter discovering that we had this in common when we met her.
Although it would be convenient to have the festival in Barcelona, I really love the venue so I wouldn’t change the location not a single bit: the town itself is a gorgeous visit but its specially fun with all the movie fans walking around. Moreover when you can stumble upon a zombie at any time.
Warning: Zombies on the loose
We are sharing some of the zombies we ran into in pictures. Kudos to the make-up artists!
We can’t share our favorite movies yet, because we haven’t watched them all, but still our best hopes & bets are for the following:
- The Witch, a religious tale about the creation of that horror icon that won big awards at last Sundance film festival.
- The Gift, a friend from school gets back in contact with an old mate and his wife sending them “strange” gifts.
- Macbeth, we love Kurosawa’s adaptation Throne of Blood but we also trust Fassbender.
- The boy and the beast, an animation movie by the same director of Summer Wars from the other big studio besides Ghibli in Japan.
- High rise, the new movie of my favorite indie British director Mr. Ben Wheatley (after Sightseers this was a must).
- Also worth mentioning we are watching: Slow West, Cop Car, Le tout noveau testament, Absolutely Anything, Dark Star: H.R. Giger’s World, Into the forest, Green Room, Schneider Vs Bax.
Have you already been able to watch any of the following? Which one catches more your attention? Hope you liked my go to the movies outfit & all the zombies galore!