A few days ago I stumbled upon an article from the New York Times where they listed the 52 places you shouldn’t miss this 2016, and after realizing that it’s almost impossible to visit 52 places in one year, ha! I couldn’t help but revisiting our own wishlist.
Following a similar idea to the goals (that we never list), we thought it would be fun to make a post talking about the places we are dreaming of visiting next, maybe this year, maybe on the following or the one after that, but nevertheless are on our (eternal) travelling wishlist and that we could talk also about yours and where would you think we should head to next. Travel talking is always fun! Let’s go for it!
I know this will not come as a surprise, but since we came back from our honeymoon we have been dreaming about going again to our favorite place on earth. Pluses for making the jump this year? We have an anniversary to celebrate, which will make it extra special and I think we will have great recommendations from our blog pals that have visited or will be visiting soon.
I visited the city for the first (and only) time on 2009 on a family trip with Dani’s parents. I still can picture myself being overwhelmed with the tall buildings and falling in love with the Village and Soho. We didn’t have the chance to visit neither Brooklyn nor the iconic High Line. NYC it’s high-high-high (as high as its skyscrapers, ha!) in our list, photography-wise (& foodie-wise, let’s admit!) we couldn’t be more excited to visit it again.
Cruise the Netherlands canals
Amsterdam was a short but intense trip from 2014, we are ready to visit the lovely orange country again maybe more of its towns and countryside cruising its canals?
We have been able to enjoy quite a lot of places in the UK but it’s a country I would love to explore more and more. We have friends currently living at East Midlands and we could take the train around a little. UK is always my cup of tea (pun intended, of course!)
US West Coast / East Coast
When we visited the desert we fell in love with the color, the feeling and we took gazillions of pictures but felt they were not near the number it deserved at all. We would love to visit Bryce, Arches and Zion Canyons exploring more of Utah. Another part of the country we would like to visit on a road trip is the East Coast, a lobster roll is in our agenda!
Lisbon and Porto
It was so nice to visit our neighboring country when we went to Sintra that we missed not being able to spend a few more days to also visit its capital, Lisbon. Porto is also high in our Portugal plans.
Other places that are super high in our list are the following, but we didn’t have a picture to illustrate it, so here they go into a list:
- Australia: We have good (blog) reasons to visit *wink* and many more due to its amazingness! We are a little lost about what we should include in a 10 day trip, so any tip will be carefully stored.
- Peru: I have been babbling a lot about how we love the Peruvian cuisine, but on top of that the mind-blowing Machu Picchu will be waiting for us there.
- Nordic countries: Lately I have been able to enjoy pictures from friends that have visited the glorious Iceland, and my mouth is still open with the astonishment: a pure beauty! I dream Iceland in pictures. We will love also to visit Sweden, Finland and Norway.
- Vietnam: Dani’s parents went on summer to Vietnam a few years ago and I have a vivid image of their Halong Bay pictures recorded in my travelling memory. I think it would be a perfect trip for the two of us, so many different things to discover!
- Extremadura: This is the region inside Spain where my mom was born, I have visited my mom’s hometown called Caceres a few times and it’s wonderful, but I would love to make a road trip and visit the cherry trees lands during spring.
Of course, there are million and more places we would love to visit that we are not including, inside Spain and outside, but this was just for the fun of it! Let’s see where 2016 will travel us to!
Do you already have travel plans for this 2016? Where do you think we should go to and why? :)