Hello there! To beat the Monday morning blues (and of January to top it) we have the third edition of Catweek! Tuut tuut tuut! Be very welcome to the week where we indulge ourselves to talk about only cat related stuff!
We started two years ago with this little tradition and I have to admit that has become my favorite temporary series of the blog, hope you enjoy it too because here we have three posts in a row prepared for all cat-lovers-enthusiasts following us (I have the hunch that there is a pretty large bunch of you, wink*)
In case you are a recent reader and would like to take a look at past editions:
- Catweek first edition: Juno in a ball, Cat stories, Like stray cats (outfit)
- Catweek second edition: Giveaway of a Personalized Japanese Calligraphy Painting, Patience is a virtue (Juno pics), Pink cat Blue cat (outftit), Ranma 1 year later, Catlinks
Starting today we have a DIY inspired by the always amazing Pusheen and our little Juno: a cross-stitch emblem to embellish a plain sweater.
Since my last cross stitch project I have been gravitating towards the idea of something functional that I could wear. The first idea was a necklace, a type of locket with a little cross stitch in it. That’s when I realized that it had to be Juno, because a picture of her (and Dani) is what I would probably treasure inside a locket, so it made perfect sense. A few weeks later I stumbled upon a cheap sweater on H&M that was of just the shade I was looking for this autumn/winter, and then I just linked both projects: since the sweater was not expensive at all if I had a problem with the project it was not going to be a super regretful one.
I was looking for a kawaii Juno version so the image of Pusheen came to my mind, and I just adapted the colors to his shape: and voilà! My hybrid was born!
I started making the Juno-Pusheen design in a regular cross-stitch fabric, just to make sure the design looked nice. After the approval I thought the best way to go was to use a sheer paper to trace the design and then cross-stitch on top of the paper and the sweater, to then just rip off the paper when it was done. Ok… wrong move! The design was too little for this approach to work, and I ended having the paper completely destroyed already on the first stitches.
So I went under a risky route: I was going to use the same cross-stitch fabric and then cut it and erase all its threads. The stitching was way easier as it was just like any other regular cross-stitch project, but erasing the threads was not a fast task, rather the opposite, I had to carefully remove them almost thread by thread.
I’ll share the final result in a little outfit session we have prepared for this week, hope you like my perfect imperfect Juno/Pusheen sweater! See you very soon!