** Spoiler alert to Denysia, come back in 10 days or this post may spoil the surprise! (warning!) ;) **
Here it is the end of our first blogiversary celebrations, THANKS to everyone for indulging us so much with all your comments and readings during this complete month. We have made this first year party a big deal and have prolonged it unashamedly, but this is how we feel it: we really wanted to show how happy & blessed we are to have started this little adventure walking in a road by ourselves but now feeling a warm companionship. I’m really cheesy today, sorry can’t help it, I’m not good with closures. In fact we have waited to close the celebrations until the very last day of the month so we could squeeze it until it was possible.
This post also marks the end of the “Home is with you” guest posts series that we have immensely enjoyed. It was not only wonderful to have their beautiful pictures and words in our blog but you couldn’t believe our excitement when receiving their posts for the first time in our mail, it is a moment that I treasure for each one of them. So, I would give a special thanks to the lovely ladies that have shared a little of their heart with us: Fiona, Mei, Jane, Mariko, Deniz, Yasmine, Sara and Kathryn, we feel honored to have you at our side! For those of you that have missed any of the episodes, here is a little recap:
- Fiona made us feel part of the experiences about sharing a home with her beau, friends and the fluffiest room mate.
- Mei made the cutest crochet rainbow party garland DIY so we can give some color this summer to our home.
- Jane shared her sweet family memories she treasures at home and how they are building new ones for her family with Yangkyu and Piri.
- Mariko helped us show our inner geeks by giving us some guidelines on how to decorate our home displaying our passsions.
- Deniz wrote a love letter to his husband while showing the souvenirs and objects that remind them of their adventures together.
- Yasmine baked with love one of our favorite cakes, a carrot cake, and to top it was a mini version with gluten friendly flour and coconut cream frosting.
- Sara spoke from the heart while chasing the light in her beautiful apartment. Cats are very welcome in here.
- Kathryn showed her childhood fortress at her grandpa’s land Lone Pine. Her post is full of imagination, magic and nostalgia.
And here it is a small confession of my own: I am quite shy so asking them to participate was a huge step for me as I was afraid that it would be too imposing, I was a nervous-wreck until I started receiving their answers.
After the incredible experience of having guest posts at our online home I already have lots of fun different collaborations in mind, so if you are a blogger and would like to make something together, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Did you thought for a minute that finally this week you would get rid of the giveaway? Not the case! We would love to be able to send the set of mugs of our giveaway to each one of you (for real!), so we thought we could instead send it to you virtually by showing how the package, I prepared for the giveaway winner, looked like in pictures. These were taken on Tuesday, the same day we said our goodbyes to mr and mrs Donut. We wish that with this post it would be (a little) like you are receving them at home.
Juno also added a few words of her own ;)
The Aiko Fukawa (love her!) stickers were bought in Amsterdam at Kitsch Kitchen.
We printed some small greeting cards at Prinstagram using a few of our Instagram pictures. The service was affordable and with pretty good results. At the back we used our personalized stamp, attention to details guys! hahaha!
You’ll be relieved to know that Juno the inspector put her seal of approval :)
A big thanks to all of you, we ♥ (cat) you! …
….because our online home is wherever we are with you! – add me singing Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros’ song ;P
Our home is with you!